Monday, July 21, 2014

The Australian Wool Fashion Awards 2014



The Australian Wool awards were held in Tamworth, last Friday the 18th of July. I entered the awards two weeks earlier and was honoured to be a part of the dinner/runway show. What was even more amazing was coming first place in the Young Designer Category and being awarded the Supreme Award for 2014.
 
After extending my Bachelor of Arts (fashion) degree for an extra year, I feel I have been working on my graduate collection 'A Life in Wool' (from which these pieces come) for years. In fact, I began thinking about this collection at the start of 2012 when we were asked to research wool in fashion for one of our units.  I have put years of energy into ideas, research, planning, development and production for my graduate collection and considering that my ideas come from my background growing up on a sheep stud and visiting and working on different farms around the Wheat Belt, it's even more. Being apart of The Australian Wool Fashion Awards and having people appreciate the ideas, time and passion behind my work makes the blood, sweat and tears all with it. The support is incredibly humbling and is a huge motivation to continue with the hard work. 
 
There will be more photos and articles to come!

Backstage photo thanks to Australian Wool Fashion Awards of collection
Runway image photo thanks to AWFA  

 Runway image quick snap I took as the models strutted my stuff
After presentation snap of me with the models.
Photo thanks to Lachlan Gray
 
Judge Akira Isogawa Presenting the award.
Photo thanks to AWFA
 Photo thanks to AWFA


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Post interesting to read. You’re doing a great job. Thanks for Writing.

    Fashion Designing Courses
    Fashion Design Course

    ReplyDelete